In November 1904, princess Teresa Sapieżyna signed an agreement with the Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences in Kraków, by which the Academy committed itself to catalogue, organise and preserve relics from Bilcze Złote, exhibit them as The collection of excavations from Bilcze Złote of the nobles Leon and Teresa Sapieha, as well as prepare and publish a research paper. The last condition was finally met after almost 100 years by a Polish-Ukrainian-Romanian team of archaeologists and natural scientists. The collection includes more than 300 whole vessels and more than 35 thousand fragments, around 120 human and animal figurines, more than 60 clay loom weights, around 200 tools made from bone and horn, 300 tools made from flints and stones, ornaments made from bone and shell, as well as a small disc made from haematite. Artefacts of the Tripolye culture date back to the period between the mid 5th and the mid 3rd millennium BC. They were discovered by coincidence in Werteba Cave in Bilcze Złote in 1822.